Sunday, February 6, 2011

My companion is here...

                                            Braydon with his fan club
                                            A Tarheel fan woot woot
                                              Yulsin
                                           A slightly different name tag!!!

My President is black, my lambo's blue... and I'd be ...sad ...if my rims ain't too.
 
There's a story to that I promise.
 
My companion really is black. And he's here. So Friday went about as normal. Till we got home. We had a message on our machine from Elder Wright. He said one of the members came by and there was somebody at the airport looking for a ride. He was going to figure it out. So we called Elder Wright back. He said "I know its after 9 but I need you guys to come over here...and bring your truck.  So we get there and Elder Andrew is sitting on the couch. Really tall, looks a bit like Denzel Washington. All three of us are just in shock. Nobody from Guam called us and told us that he was coming. Turns out he sat at the airport for 2 hours till that one member finally explained to him that he was a member and gave him a ride to the chapel and Elder Andrew spent the day with the Wrights. But Hes here and tonight I'm back in Utwe. Long time no see.
 
So the reference to Young Jeezy, remember Elmer Kilafwakihn? I talked about him a little bit when I gave my spill on Alu Pros. Anyway we were back at his home the other night and Elmer is just one of my favorite guys on this island already but we went and I was sitting there talking to his three year old son (E.R.) in their kitchen (a hut seperated from the house). Now E.R. is the man as well that kid is hilarious. But from behind me Elmer made a sound and I turned to see him decked out in a red hoodie, basketball shorts, and some big over ear headphones cooking chicken over a fire. He walked over to shake my hand and I heard "Jersulem" by Matisyahu playing through the head phones. I was like "you know Matisyahu?" and he laughed. So I took his Ipod (he has an Ipod) and looked through it. I found "my President is Black" by Young Jeezy on there and smiled because of how much I loved the fanfare intro to that song. And because I associate that song with one of the craziest stories of mine and Aarons lives. So I hit play. And as the Brass fanfare came through over the headphones around Elmer's neck he gave one of those oh yeah nods and put his fist up for me to pound it. When I leave I'm going to miss that guy.
 
Thats really the highlights of this past week. I'll be sending another camera card soon and Probably a CD your way. To all my brothers, to all my friends, to especially my family...keep holdin' it down, be strong, pray oft, and love like crazy.
I'll be back with you guys before you know it.
 
yurin luhngse nuh pwacye,
Elder Lapeyrouse

No comments:

Post a Comment