Monday, February 21, 2011

Follow the Leader

A couple of post ago, Braydon wrote about an incident where a crab got loose in the car.  We just received the SD card in the mail this week. I love hearing him laugh!!




"Just ask him how he made it, he'll tell you Faith & Sweat"
 
So about 5 days ago we lost another one of our tires. This makes the third since I've been here. DESTROYED!. We had just replaced two with tires from Guam. So we put the spare on and went on. Elder Madsen called guam. Well two days ago our spare gave out. It's so worn down from the weeks we were on it from last time and its worn through now in some places. As I was checking it out the other day when it died, I noticed the almost worn away sentence that said "Tempory Use Only" printed on the side. I had to smile at the irony. But after some scrambling and some help from Elder Madsen and Elder Sturm we finally got the car back to our house. And there it resides...on a cylinder block because size 15 tires are near impossible to find on Kosrae anyway and it just so happens they are fresh out. The Earliest Guam could get us Some new ones is Probably the first week end in march.  so until then...we walk. the past couple of days Elder Andrew and I have walked over 6 miles a day and have barely been able to cover our area. Figures we live in the spread out area where 4 of those miles practically no one lives in. Just the lonely road, the Jungle, the ocean, and the Sun. So Yesterday I put on this tie that I traded Elder Andrew one of mine for. As I was putting it on I noticed some writting on the back from Elder Matthews who had originally owned the tie. "Fasr Kampare". So the translation of fasr kampare is "Walk on" go forward, endure, Be strong. you get the jist. I have one tie that has been through quite a few elders and has Chuukese and Yapese written on the back of it. I'll probably add some Kosraean to it if I ever pass it on. But any ways, everything is good. Elder Andrew and I played a game similar to follow the leader while we walked the other day with a bunch of little kids. We started with three and we ended up with like 15. It was really fun and I got some videos of it. Other than that everything is good. Just fasr kampare for me. I love you guys, hope you're doing well. Oh I get to go to Guam the second week in March for a big leadership training.  I will be gone from that tuesday until the next monday.  Oh, I need to send a shout out and a congratulations to Stephanie Remington and give her my best wishes on the marriage. God bless.
 
Gianluca is in a walking area I believe. Man I feel for him. I love being able to walk now. Get some exercise, work on the tan, talk to more people, but its still hot, and dress shoes are not made for walking. Kampare ma wiuhk.
 
So I figured after last night that I could really use some IcyHot. Can't believe I didn't bring any. So nunak muhnahs, could I get you guys to send me some. As well as Yours and Kylee's sizes for like skirts or something. There is a member that wants to make you guys skirts and I told here I would ask you. So I guess like waist size or mainly just leg height. I dont know what to call it but from like the floor to the waist measurement.
 
So hows everything at home? School for the chillin's, and work as well. Hows the ward doing? Keep working hard and I love ya,

Elder Lapeyrouse

No comments:

Post a Comment