Sunday, February 13, 2011

Just Keep Swimming


"You've gotta swim. And swim for your life. Swim for the music that saves you when you're not so sure you'll survive. you've gotta swim, and swim when it hurts."
 
Figured I'd drop a little Jack's Mannequin in there. So this week being essentially on my own has been a whole different world. I've just been wiped out every night. With a new companion who doesn't know the language you basically shoulder everything. Elder Rufus did it, Elder Madsen did it and now I guess its my turn. Plus this very has beena very unproductive week. Everyone claims to be busy and nothing seemed to go right. But its okay, there was one night I was feeling overwhelemed but the 4Ordained cd is really awesome. Anyways I want to share a story
 
Yesterday in Priesthood, oh man, so here it goes. Its currently 45 minutes past the time church was supposed to let out. Were sitting in this little room probably as big as the school of the prophets around one of those tables that you find under the stage of the church. So Ronny is asleep leaning against the door. PahPah Kur is just out, slouched over in his chair, the Branch President is watching Ben 10: Alien Force with the primary in the other room. Elder Andrew has his head resting on his fist intently listening. Camrun Innok next to me is seconds from falling out of his chair because he's dozing off so far forward. I've got my elbow on the table and my left hand supporting and covering half my face. It's like 105 degrees in the room and Yulsin is just sitting in the corner going on and on teaching in Kosraean about some verse that says "The sabbath was made for man, not man for the sabbath." The air is heavy and I'm just thinking, you have got to be kidding me. When suddenly out of nowhere Yulsin askes: "Elder Lapeyrouse, could you please explain Afternoon Delight to me?" I cracked the biggest smile ever as my mind flooded with "Sky rockets in flight..." and images of Will Ferrell singing in a field. I'm trying really hard not to laugh and I look up and Elder Andrew is looking at me like hes got this answer hes just gotta get out but wants my approval to speak. I nodded as he says "reading scriptures after church." I just layed my head on the table and laughed silently to myself as Yulsin sastified with the answer, continued. The lesson went on for another 10 or so minutes but it was alright, that made my day.  I hope the Anchorman fans enjoy this. Nicholls would probably have a riot if he read this. Jayson too. Good times on Kosrae. Ill leave you guys with the line that got me through the week.
 
"the adversary trembles, when he hears the call, of the savior's chosen warriors defending truth for all...So fight on, spiritual soldiers that march boldly onward. Onward to victory. Firm and undaunted, in God we have trusted. Fighting with love, honor, and charity."
 
that and Ether 12:27 "And if men come unto me I will show unto them theiraweakness. I bgive unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my cgrace is sufficient for all men that dhumble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make eweak things become strong unto them."
 
Love you all,
Elder Lapeyrouse

No comments:

Post a Comment