Sunday, February 27, 2011

These crocs are made for walking.....


 Sunrise on Kosrae

 Yum coconut milk!




"Lets burn a hole so we can climb out, of these paper walls and this empty house."
not sure why that is my song for this week, but its been in my head a few times over this past week.
So I want to start out by saying that walking over 6 miles a day has brought me back to my hiking days and all the good times I had with Aaron and Erick on them. Especially the night Aaron and I tried Grayson at night and wandered around aimlessly for 4 hours singing primary songs to keep the wolf pack away. Good times. I got the package from the young women,  loved it...can I have Sister Hipps address? But I will give a thank you on here anyway. Thank You Young Women!!   This past week, I have never sweat so much in my life. This crystle blue water has never looked more inviting. Anyway, I've really enjoyed this past week, Before I had felt like I was getting nothing but a cold shoulder from this area. I didn't know anyone. Like we were seperated by a "paper wall" if you will. Something meaningless like misunderstanding and fear. We've just been able to talk to everyone we passed this week and help them out if they needed help. Now when we walk, the kids walk with us, and the adults wave to us. Some call us over to talk to them and on a few occasions, we've been approached by two guys that tell us that if we ever need anything, talk to them.  some are wanting to know a little bit about what were all about. I've seen this area come alive and My skills in the language have grown immensely. The only down side is that I've noticed that I am thinking too much with my head now instead of feeling with my heart.
Elder Andrew is awesome. He's just as outgoing as I am and Is like a big kid.  He is sarcastic, and you can't say anything that will offend him. He's truely fearless and I'm learning a lot from him. I'm going to like this companionship a lot. But... he loves spam. ugh And I have written in my handbook that spam is not for the belly, nor for the body, and is not for the good of man. (Masap luhn Kosrae: rule 2) ha, wow we are way too isolated out here. but its all good. These friendships I've made with Elder Madsen and Elder Sturm will last way beyond the mission. I probably won't see much of Elder Andrew though since he is from Papua New Guinea ,but all is well here on kosrae. We are in a rather large slump since christmas but that just means there is a great harvest coming. take care, I love you all!
-Elder Lapeyrouse

No comments:

Post a Comment