Sunday, January 30, 2011

BYU language credits whoo hooo

So I really don't know what to write in this letter. I think last week I promised that I would lay down the house with some cool scriptures that I had studied during the week but I forgot my scriptures. So maybe next week. I can't believe this transfer is almost over and that soon I will be starting my 4th transfer in the field. Over this past couple of weeks we have been really striving to teach differently. And by truely doing as the lord says. Somewhere in D&C section 50 the Lord asks "To what were ye ordained?" and then says "To preach this gospel by the Spirit" and also in D&C 84:85 "Neither take ye thought beforehand awhat ye shall say; butbtreasure up in your minds continually the words of life, and it shall be cgiven you in the very hour that portion that shall be meted unto every man". I hope I got that right. Tried to do it from memory. But we've really tried relying on our impressions lately which is rather difficult because our knowledge of this language is rather limited. But none the less since we have been trying that we've put 3 new people on baptisimal dates (2 being in the first time we had a lesson with them and they were lessons that weren't planned) and our lessons with current investigators have gone so much better. Speaking of this language, I finished my mastery packet last night and I am mailing it in today. When President Dowdle signs it I will be a certified "Kosraean Language Master." That doesn't really mean much but I do get a semesters worth of language credits at BYU for it.  So I think I'm actually done with my language requirements now. So give me the heads up on what is happening at home or at least in the states. I saw that the tv was set to CNN as I walked in and it looks that there was opposition against the US in Egypt. How is school going? Hows work? How is the extended family? How are the Heels holdin up? Just anything. Sorry this letter is rather uninformative. Just not much has really gone on. The weeks are really starting to fly by. And I'm told the second year goes even faster. I sent a  camera card home, and soon will send another one. We've been getting up at 6 lately and walking across the street to the beach and playing catch while watching the sunrise. Got some cool pictures too. I guess you guys will just have to wait. But that pretty much sums it up here. I hope all is well. I want to leave with a scripture out of Luke chapter 9 verse 62. something like "And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to theaplough, and blooking back, is fit for the kingdom of God." I got it from the movie about John Tanner on the D&C resource dvd. which also has Joseph smith:Prophet of the restoration. But we are here to work, And work is what we must do. Love yall much. Nga luhngse komtacl!
-Elder Lapeyrouse

No comments:

Post a Comment