Sunday, January 9, 2011

Como Estas

hola! como estas? wait, thats not right. Tu Wo mwet nuh kewa! Komtacl Fuhkah?
 
So Not much has happened this week except for craziness! We got transfer calls on Wed. Apparently I'm training now in Utwe. A 25 year old from P.N.G. (Papua New Guinea) In other words, he's really dark, probably super buff, and PNG is only place in the world that still practices cannabalism! This is going to be interesting. I also barely have reached the point where I can fathom one day getting a grip on this language. Anyway though, I have some comforting scriptures like mosiah 4:27, 1 nephi 3:7, Alma 38:5, and Alma 26:12 that give me some comfort and some hope. I'm actually pretty excited. How many other missionaries get a companion like this. Not some scrawny kid from the states or something. Also how many missionaries get to be district leader and a trainer at the start of their third transfer. I'm way excited!
 
As for Guam, no I dont get to go. Only Zone leaders. Pohnpei for a week...that I do. That is the next week too so If i dont write on mondaythats why. I'm glad Nips is excited for his super transfer or reassignment.  The Lord has wonderous ways in getting us where we need to be. Thats a cool story and he'll do well in sacramento. He might even get to see ben. Gianluca's testimony impresses me. He's quite the guy.
 
I wanted to tell you all today to look up the mormon message "None Were With Him" by Jeffrey R Holland. Its probably my favorite and has reshaped my view of the atonement and my purpose and duty as a missionary and as a person in general. If you could find that talk and send it to me that would be awesome. You can probably find the Mormon message on youtube or mormon.org.
 
Not much else is going on. The transfer is pretty big. Its an assignment from the Lord and I'm excited for it. I'll let you all know how it goes. By the way, (hows the weather?...) It's been rainy the past few days. Surf looks good though...........one day.....one day. I will come back here once im released. Just saying.
 
lots of love. take care. take it easy.
Elder Lapeyrouse

No comments:

Post a Comment