Sunday, January 23, 2011

We are Family

"and a yoo-hoo bottle on the floorboard"
My song quote today comes from "summertime" by Kenny Chesney. Mainly because he's been on my mind a good part of the week. I would like to thank those for writting to me. Adam, it's good to hear from ya. Thanks for the update, Dont run Michael over with your 18-wheeler (till I can watch) and hit me up with that logo. Jayson, Glad ya made it to England, try some fish n chips for me.
So a week on Kosrae with Elder Sturm. With Elder Madsen on Pohnpei for a week and my companion still not allowed to enter the FSM, it was just us two on this island for the whole week. Well I guess the senior couple is here. So anyway, the week wasn't bad. I kind of enjoyed it. I guess I should finish explaining what I was starting. So the Kenny trip. It was all brought about by page 1 of PMG. The fact that everyone around us is our brother and sister. Our beloved siblings that we have the opportunity to spend eternity with. Hence we share the gospel. To show people the joy that comes from knowing that God is our loving Eternal Father. The relief and comfort from his Spirit as well as the joy. The saving Grace of our brothers Atonement that made it possible for us to overcome Spiritual Death and the wonder of his crucifixion death, and return to life that makes it possible for us to overcome physical death. All so we can be one big happy family. Thats why families are so important. To have close relationships you can reach out to. To have support when times get tough. To have joy when you sit there and do nothing more than enjoy your time together. The Family is a median where we can feel our Fathers love and charity and that we can share that love and charity with others. The family unit is most often the source of our GREATEST joy here on Earth. I was thinking about the story where the progidal son returns home, and about when Joseph Smith said that the worth of every soul is great in the sight of God. We are all his family. He loves us. And many of his Children have turned away, or are simply misguided or lost. We have to help them recieve the saving ordinances to get them back with the father. I was just thinking of all the joy I got from my own family and how excited I am to one day have a family of my own. And somewhere along the way I thought of "The Good Stuff" by Kenny Chesney. And that just set the stage. Then the Guitar intro for "I go Back" kicked up and I was sold. I just love country so much. Country keeps it real and just plays off the heart strings of the freely living soul.  I dont know, this week I just really gained a testimony of family and good friends. I'll hit you guys up with some good spriptures next week. love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment