Sunday, January 2, 2011

CHEERWINE, AND WALKING IN THE RAIN

Its great to hear that everything is great back home. I'm not envious of the snow. Though I do miss snowboarding.
 
So I had over $60 of my support fund left over this month, and you have to send the extra back into the office at the end of each month. We just had two days where we didn't do shopping. Kosraeans take any day off they can so basically since Dec 23 till today, the chances of stores being open is hit and miss. We've ran out of gas twice and just ran on fumes. Last week Our truck was out...completely, and our car was on empty. We figured we had 20 or so miles before we would have to push it and so Elder Sturm and I took it to Utwe the next day for church and Elder madsen used an old bike along with a member in Lelu. When we got back, we walked. Picked up a ride on Prez. Hadley's cargo truck on the way into Tafunsak and rode in the bed the rest of the way. Which is on the far end of our area. It also might as well be hadies for us. As I've already stated. We taught a lesson and then began our walk back hoping to stop and teach along the way.  We had 3 hours anyway, and took all of it. But the funny part was that we had to walk down the road that was  in between the two protestant churches in Tafunsak. Church was still in and if you can picture three Elders walking down the middle of this dirt road in between two (very long it seemed) huge white protestant chapels as both congragations were singing their closing songs and those on the edges were ALL watching us. We laughed because it reminded us of a scene in HotRod where the characters are walking down the street to that cool 80s rock, and how as they pass everything just goes straight to heck behind them and the people start rioting and breaking windows and we just figured that would happen. They would stop singing and start throwing chairs out of the windows and going crazy. (you should watch that scene from HotRod to get this effect) Funny as it was though we knew we didn't want to be there for real when they got out so when we heard the signing stop, we booked it down a side road to a members house and touched base for a bit before countinuing our walk back. I never get tired of the oppression there. Along our way home, it starts raining. Pouring. Pwacr nuh pwacye (really fun).  but it really was. And we got back right on time. I enjoyed the time to walk it was fun. Reminded me of hiking with Aaron and Erick and just talking. Speaking of Aaron, that kid sent me a box, and didn't fill out the customs card. (go figure) so customs opened it, and I had to explain Cheerwine to them today so that I could pick it up. They thought it was actual wine. Elder Madsen was pointing to the words soft drink and the guy was pointing to the word wine. It was funny, but I got it finally. And he had put handisnacks in there. I swear that kid can hear my thoughts. I was just about to ask you to send me some of those. I hope he's doing well and I better find out where he's going when he gets that call. Anyway, I'm going to close this one up. Tell Josh to get on that Book of Mormon reading. I can't express how much I love that book right now, nor how much I am thankful for the chance to read it while set apart and in a position where I'm so open to the insights of the spirit. I never had read it all the way through before the mission but I wish now that I had. When I finished it out here it felt so awesome. Even when I reread passages they somehow stand out to me different. That I can relate it to whats currently going on. Or something I needed to hear at that point in time. It never ceases to impress me. So yeah, get him on that. he promised me.  He wont regret it and he can even email me and ask me questions if he would like. I know it will help him as he prepares and in everything in life. (and that goes for all of you guys that are reading this). I love you all. and I wish you well.
-Elder Lapeyrouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment