Sunday, April 22, 2012

Saipan!

Hey guys! hafa adai from Saipan!
I must say, I didn't quite expect this transfer. I am now in Saipan with Elder Rokodakunivosa. He's from Fiji. The best thing about him, he has a culinary degree. I was really sad to leave Chuuk but maybe I'll go back. I was able to get one baptism in before I left Chuuk though. While I was with the Zone leaders I Kept getting a call from the Uman Branch President. He said that one of our investigators was ready for baptism. So Elder Jones, Elder Valinotti and I went out to Uman over one weekend to see. It turned out that he was super prepared. I was a little shocked because this guy would avoid us while we were on Uman. Regardless, he got baptized and it was a sweet experience. However Saturday night we got a call from the zone leaders and they said that Elder Jones was going to Guam on Tuesday for the orientation meeting. He's training in Tonoas. So I went with Elder Valinotti on Tonoas till wed. On Wed Elder Butler called and said he was sending the boat out so I could go to Uman and get the rest of my stuff. I took that as I wasn't going back. Sure enough I got the call the next night that I was coming to Saipan. Its way cool so far. Not as built up as guam is but it has everything I could want. And it's quiet. Thats the best part. I got here and Had to do a Baptisimal interview the next day. The sisters' investigator. She was well prepared and The baptism went well. The ward here is really awesome. I've already got some good friends. I hope to make more. 
-love Elder Lapeyrouse

No comments:

Post a Comment