Sunday, April 17, 2011

"Yeah man, thats the good stuff"

"We are the Kings and Queens of Promise"
 
So I figured I'd throw a little 30 Seconds to Mars at ya'll this week. Thats kinda been my theme of this week. Well theme #1, until I got to watch conference. Theme #2 goes a little like this:
 
 "It's the first long kiss on the second date, mommas all worried when you get home late, dropping the ring in the spaghetti plate, cause your hands are shakin' so much. And it's the way she looks with that rice in her hair, eatin' burnt suppers that whole first year, and askin for seconds to keep her from tearing up. yeah man thats the good stuff." (Kenny Chesney)
 
So the assistants were here this past week. Elder Matthews (Kosraean Elder) and Elder Barlow (Palauan Elder). Elder Matthews really enjoyed being back on Kosrae since he didn't really get much of a good-bye last time. Him and I put a big effort on throwing a last minute District party Friday night before they left on Saturday.  We succeeded.  So then they left and we got to watch conference. Awesome by the way. After watching saturday morning, saturday afternoon and sunday morning sessions, Elder Sturm and I were talking to Dr. Ken about how we liked it and how cool we thought it was that they didnt have topics. He was a little confused so we told him that we thought that they all prayed about it and that their talks would specifically touch everyone who listens to them in a different way. About how different people hear different things over and over. And then......In Sunday Afternoon Holland gave a talk on what we had been talking about. We thought that was pretty cool.
 
So back to Kenny. Elmer's 1 year old daughter was in front of me while we were watching conference and she has the biggest and (excuse the non manly terms) most adorable eyes of any kid I know. And she sat there and stared at me, and stared at me.  I told Elder Sturm about it and  he said that everytime she does that to him it makes him want to say "awww I want one."  It also doesn't help that so many of the speakers at conference talked about we should strive for an eternal family. To be married in the temple and about all the blessings of it. President Monsons talk at the priesthood session was amazing and had me counting how many months in Micronesia I have left. So not going to lie, I've been thinking about my future wife all weekend and seriously pondering about the time I do decide to get married. Thinking about the Priesthood responsibility of marriage. (listen to Monsons talk from the Priesthood session) They tore into us about robbing daughters of God of the chance to start an eternal family, and about how men usually let their wives fill the void that we lack to fill. I imagine most girls would get a kick out of monson's talk. But conference was also good about learning to be charitable, give service, any desires can be overcome by something greater and the affects of the atonement. I also want to point out that Elder Gary E. Stevenson gave the opening prayer for the Sunday Morning Session. I was actually hoping he would talk but I did get to see him nonetheless. I spent 6 hours across a 2 1/2 foot table with that man and president Dowdle in a little 15 by 8 hotel room a couple weeks ago. I love Zone Conferences. Especially when General Authorities join. Anyways, all is good here, I'm really excited for next transfer because its supposed to be a big one. It will be the last or second to last transfer that President Dowdle will do before he leaves. He wants everyone to be in a fresh area that they can stay in for awhile so that President Mecham won't have to make a big transfer while he is still new. Anndd I've been in Utwe practically my whole mission. We'll see what changes happen. There are even rumors of two zone leaders on Kosrae and 3 companionships. (or so President himself has mentioned). we'll see in three weeks though.
 
Love you all
-Elder Lapeyrouse

No comments:

Post a Comment