Sunday, November 21, 2010

3 Hour Sacrament Meeting

Yesterday was Branch Conference at the Utwe Branch. It was the first time Kosrae had even heard of any such thing, so they really didn't know how to run it.  Sacrament meeting was 3 HOURS LONG!! Then we had Priesthood and RS. We talked Pres. out of Sunday School. 4 hours of church. I was about to go insane. The Footes were there 5 hours. Because of that everything she had been preparing for dinner that night  burnt and we had appointments anyway to get to. Blehh.


Sister Foote is an amazing cook. She usually tries to cook for us every Thursday when We have District meeting. Her and Elder Foote are simply awesome. They are from Texas so they've been such a blessing to have. Elder Foote always...ALWAYS greets everyone with "Hello my friend how are you?" Even if he has never met them before. Just a little taste of home I guess. Him and I get along great and I enjoy talking to him when I can. He's so goofy and doesn't try to learn Kosraean. He keeps saying he's too old to do something like that. I'm really sad that they are leaving in December. They are replacing them with Elder and Sister Wright from Mesa, Arizona but they won't get here until January. So we'll have about a month without a senior couple.


Now to the big news. Just a little over a week ago President was here and he conducted interviews. He asked us in zone conference how the Kosrae Zone was doing and we were like "like really good" and he was like thats excellent. Well last Wednesday Elder Tuitanu called and informed us Elder Mattews was getting transfered. The call came on Wed around 6pm and his flight left Thursday around 12pm. It was a major suprise. Transfer calls aren't until this Wed. We had to completely drop our plans and get him packed and out. He's going to Guam to be an assistant. So ever since Thursday Elder Madsen, Rufus and I have been a trio covering the whole island. A new Elder comes Friday and we don't know who yet. We also don't have a ZL until Wed. Its been crazzzyy.


Its so hard to tell seasons here and I cant believe it's winter. 90 with 100 % humidity each day... rain or shine... usually both in one day... 365 days a year here.  It will be weird to have Christmas in that weather.  Speaking of Christmas could you send me some more of those Danish Butter cookies, and some PEZ.  I love me some PEZ.  I am also out of Nutella.


Quote for the day comes from Gladiator
Remember "What we do in Life....echoes in Eternity!!


Elder Lapeyrouse



No comments:

Post a Comment