Wednesday, December 1, 2010

And the there were three.....

Tu wo mwet nuh ke wah! Glad to know that Elder Foote already let the cat out of the bag and ruined the suprise. Soo yeah, I've offically been stripped of my trainie status and there are three Elders covering all of Kosrae now. Upac nuh pwacye! (really hard). Elder Madsen is now the oldest with only 5 months under his belt, Myself at a month and a half, and Elder Sturm who is four days old. We don't have a district leader and the Footes's (senior couple) leave pretty soon and the new couple doesn't come until sometime in January. Just a quick fact: The Elders in the Kosrae zone/district are the furthest away distance wise from their mission president than in any other area, or in any mission. I'm so grateful for this opportunity and this trust. I've been really pondering a lot lately about what I was told in my last mission president interview and just what possibly the Lord is planning. I know he knows what he is doing but Elder Madsen and I can sure as heck testify that we don't have a clue. We've determined were just going to have to go to work, be diligent and serve with all our heart, might, mind and strength. We've been havng a lot of companion studies lately about faith and we have faith that as we devote ourselves and truely set in and do the work that we will succeed. Kosrae has been going through a really tough time lately and is also having so much success. We are sort of in what I guess you could call a investigator famine lately but there are so many signs of it picking back up and going through the roof. Speaking of which we just had three new convert baptisms this past weekend and one child of record. That brings us to 34 and a list of about 15 potential investigatiors that we feel real good about and 2 on dates that are just doing amazing. Needless to say we were quite surprised to find out that on the verge of such great success we got the transfer orders that we did. But we can do it. Fuhsracsr! (easy)
Thanksgiving was awesome. Sis foote prepared a nice dinner. unfortunately Elder Rufus left that day and didn't get to join us and the new elder came a day after. turkey, sweet potatoes, rolls, apples, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, and pumpkin pie for desert. I don't want to know how much time she put into getting all that stuff ,most of which I'm sure had to be mailed in.

You said the other letter sounded down. I'm not down, I'm very excited. I'm just wrapped in my own head. I've been really praying lately that i'll figure out what to do here, that the lord will help me,  and that he will help us remain diligent and obedient. Blessings only come through works, faith and obedience. I just want you guys to know that I love you and I pray for you daily and Im just fine out here. The lord delivers his rightous and just. Some of the stuff president has said has given me no need to fear. Be bold be fearless and do work. With patience and diligence and through great faith you can accomplish anything. You can move mountains. You can even be as the brother of Jarod and rip back the veil. Faith and sweat.  Well, thats about all I got to say,   I've got work to do.

Elder Lapeyrouse

No comments:

Post a Comment