Sunday, November 14, 2010

Zone Conference....purely amazing

"I got Platinum vision, but a tin foil touch..." (The Astronaut) - Something Corporate
 
Sooo sorry for cutting it short last week, we had a zone conference we had to go to and had to get out of here and go pick up President and Sister Dowdle and Elder Matthews from the airport. Or rather, landing strip with a building. And sorry I wasn't on at my usual time today, we went fishing this morning with Yulsin. So "I'm a little more country than that" is also in my head, but that line from the astronaut is really a thought that describes the times.
 
Firstly, I want to write everyone, but I have to do it in letters and my p-day time is very limited. I have a big stack of letters I gotta write today. So I can only e-mail family members. This kills me because I don't think my letter I sent out of the MTC ever reached Aaron and writing Jayson is going to take ages. I'm still not sure on this general e-mail to multiple recipients thing. I'll ask president about it. Apparently Kosrae zone has a bit of a problem with email. So if I could get all of your physical addresses that would be nice.  Nips it was great hearing from you, you better give me your mtc address so I can write you.
 
Alright so zone conference... purely amazing. We had some good training on teaching and listening to the spirit, and then got to role play and try it. The goal was to have the faith that in the five minutes we had, we could tell the person we were pared up with something they needed to hear after only a few questions. We then got to share what happened in the role plays. The result was a Spirit so strong you could feel it down the hall. It made us more unified and strengthened our testimonies. President then gave an awesome lesson on faith using Ammon and the brother of Jarod. It went from like 3pm to 9:30pm but zone conference was so awesome. Plus sister Foote cooked dinner. Sooo good.
 
The quote actually relates to the next day. We had our interviews with the President.  Right before President gave Elder Foote a blessing that was so in tune with the spirit it was shocking. In my interview President and I talked a little bit about myself and missionary work. It was such a good interview and really makes me look forward to the day where I can finally speak this language. So many promises and so much to do. He promised me that the things that we talked about would only come from strict obediance to the mission rules. Hence the e-mail thing. I just want to be able to do these things now. "I have a platinum vision" but the language barrier (tin foil touch) and recently this culture and "Kosrae Games" prevents it.
 
So I was reading in Mosiah the other day about King Noah and how he completely did the opposite of his father King Zeniff. King Zeniff trusted the Lord and kept the commandments and was as righteous as he could be and the Lord blessed him. He helped give his people the strength they needed to not be overtaken by the Lamanites and blessed him so much. King Noah was horrible, and basically did the opposite and basically had the "who do you think you are attitude" toward God. I was sitting there thinking "You are really dumb!" and suddenly that youtube video popped into my head "hide yo wife, hide yo kids!"  "I mean forreal" Needless to say, it was an interesting personal study.
 
So I have a few requests before I end this can someone please send me the lyrics to "Thats how country boys roll". Also I remembered "Gladiator" the other day. I would like some good quotes from that movie. Sorry this is wack its been slow and screwy here this week and my thoughts are all messed up.
 
Until next week stay strong and work hard.  We all have the calling of missionary work.

Elder Lapeyrouse

No comments:

Post a Comment