Sunday, October 31, 2010

Tu wo mwet nuh kwah!

"I go back to the smell of an old gym floor, and the taste of salt on a Carolina shore, after graduation and drinking (Cheerwine) goodbye to friends. I go back to watching summer fade to fall growin up too fast and I do recall, wishin time would stop right in its tracks." (Kenny Chesney)
 
Tu wo mwet nuh kwah! (Good morning everyone!) Aaron, Sarah, Yvonne, Kristin, Sis. Miller, Sis. Jaquish, Elders Corn, and Valinotti, Adam, Jayson, Jose thanks for sending me a line. It great to hear from you all!  So Island life....well lets see I don't know what to say. I keep planning what it is I'm going to say but by the time I get here I think that I have already said it. Since I've been here we've had 3 baptisms. The islands yearly total right now is at around 31. The goal is 38. Piece of cake.
 
So Kosraean....is one major fail. I feel like I'm watching the travel channel or something, during the lessons and yeah.... I wish I could speak English. Some people do speak English here so its nice to be able to talk to them. geeeez uh lets see, well Since I've been here I have eaten some crazy stuff. Most of it is pretty bland. Taro root, yadda yadda. Eels not very bland though, but it's also not bad. Just a million bones and sticky as all get out. OK so last week or two weeks ago our car crapped out on us. Well the battery died. So.. we were left to use bikes to cover our massive area, and in a place where it is constantly 90 degrees and supeerrrr humid, that wasn't fun. I did some work on the care so it's workin for the time being, but that corolla is craapp. We have to take it places where you need more clearance and AWD to go. So NEVER buy a mission vechicle.
 
I eat a lot of chicken and rice here. a lot. nuff said.
 
So all this time I get to sit and think inside my own head has made me realize something. I've been feeling really stressed lately, and Ive figured out why. I really miss those times I would sit up late at night and watch worthless programing on tv and talk with mom instead of doing my homework, working in the yard with Adam while listening to country music, the lift at park city with Jayson and sitting on top of the mountain, those long times I spent with Yvonne and Kristin and whoever else down in the lobby of May or Taylor. I miss call of duty with Evans. I miss walking into Brighams room to ask him a question and ending up spending an hour in there talking about life and what not. I miss riding in the truck with dad: windows down with 80s music. I miss chips and salsa and Banjo-Kazooie with Nips till 1 or 2 am, and then AJ walking into my room which led to either Rancharitos, Del Taco, Vendies, or just sitting in his room till 4 err 3. Skyping with Gianluca over the summer. I miss all those times with Erick and Aaron where I didn't have to say anything because they already knew whats in my head. All of those times, I got the wonderful opportunity to sit and talk with people. To unwind let go of life and talk about anything and everything. How the day went, and what was on my mind. I don't get that opportunity here. The Missionary life is real busy and you don't get much down time. Plus English isn't really spoken here, and my companions an inert person. He admitted to being super shy for the majority of his life. I realized the other day that I love to talk, and love to talk to people. I feel like the only way to do that now is through letters. So I need more addresses. please.
 
Other than that, the island is pretty chill. I sometimes feel like the people have no drive here which bugs the snot out of me but I'll get over it I'm sure as I learn to love the people. Right now I'm just frustrated with the language and I'm sure it will get better. I would love, love, love to email  yall some pictures but the problem is, these computers have no virus protection and usually destroy anything you hook up to them. So I guess it's good ole Facebook once my mom gets them. I love hearing from you all and its super nice. I'm on a freakin island. Cha baba! Anyways until next week, Kampare! (endure or BE STRONG)
 
-Elder Lapeyrouse

1 comment:

  1. Hi Braydon! I miss you so much! It really has been years since I have seen you last, but I still can't believe how much you have grown. Stay strong and keep a positive attitude. You will eventually adjust and before you know it, time will have flown by and you will be back home! Just know that you are deeply, deeply missed by me as well as the rest of your family. I love reading about what you are experiencing over there. I am really proud of you for going, I know it wasn't easy to leave everything and everyone behind. I look forward to reading more of your blogs! Take care. I love you. Love, Courtney (your cousin :)

    ReplyDelete